Custom Search

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tips For Kids On Holiday From School

The school holidays are coming up which for me means cooking the whole day and every day for these kids of mine. My daughter usually has all her friends staying over and if you have to start making a meal then by the time you are done with lunch it’s time to start over again with dinner. I am going to be organized this time by making quick easy meals so I have been searching the internet for nutritious quick easy meals and what I have come up with is crock pot meals. With one meal I can include vegetables, carbohydrates and proteins. I also found some some easy crock pot recipes which means I am all set up to go come the 27th March 2009.One meal should keep them going the whole day at least. Where do they get the appetite from? I suppose I should consider myself lucky that she does not have an eating disorder. In this day and age it seems to be the fashion to have one of those.

Another option for quick easy meals would be to make sandwiches but I am not too impressed with the nutritional value of these but again I found good recipes for making nutritious sandwiches. The good thing about these is you can prepare all the fillings and they will make the sandwiches themselves which at least will give me more time to myself considering I become a full time taxi during the holidays as opposed to an afternoon one when school is on.

And another tip for the holidays is to enroll your kids on holiday courses. I found an art course which she is going to attend the first week. Of course I had to speak to the other parents to get some of her friends on the same course which I succeeded in doing so all systems go for now. I just have to find other courses now. I am looking into a pottery one but have not received any dates from them yet and what I am really going to concentrate on is sending her on a cooking course. That’s going to take some convincing because she has already informed me that she is getting herself a rich husband so she does not need to know how to cook because he is going to be able to afford a cook in their home. So you will notice that you won’t see many tips from me on how to bring up your children responsibly because I seem to be missing out on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment