Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Getting Rid Of Crickets

I do not have a problem with crickets but oh,the noise they make.That constant chirping is enough to drive me mad.And I dont care what people say but they are extremely intelligent and the powers that be need to look into their intelligence system and enough already with the oh so clever dolphins.

A cricket has entered my house and started singing which I am sure that is what they are doing or maybe calling for re inforcements in a bid to drive me crazy.The paranoia is real and this conspiracy theory needs to be looked into as well.Possibly they want to take over the world by driving us out.Sent by aliens maybe?So I walk slowly towards the sound so I can gently remove the gentle cricket and put it outside.Easier said than done.As soon as you are 1 meter away it will stop chirping.You walk away and go sit down and it starts again.The trick is to put on socks so they dont feel your vibrations as you get closer.I have tried this and it works.Make as little noise as possible and catch it.Of course its ultimate fate depends on how long it took you to catch the dang thing.If it was quick I put the gentle cricket in a nice safe place in the garden.If it took me an hour I throw it out of the window.

Again I am trying very hard to not destroy everything around me as my contribution to going green.So prevention is again better then cure.

A control option is to close up their entry points. This creates a problem in that they creep in through tiny cracks in the flooring and wall junctions. A crack looks to an insect like a wide-open door looks to us. Finding and plugging every little crack makes for an enormous job, even when you eventually succeed.

If you have dogs for pets then that is a control option.They do the job for you.What you dont see cant hurt you.

If all else fails then drastic action is required.

For more information on taking drastic action(and spending money) on cricket extermination

No comments:

Post a Comment