Custom Search

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some Tips From My Flower Garden

We all know we cant plant a bunch of small plants really close together because those same plants are going to get bigger and then they are all going to be squashed up and look terrible.But in the meantime while we wait for them to grow,the problem is the garden does not look good with all the empty spaces.I deal with this problem by filling up with rocks making a design which is nice to look at and helps the garden still look nice until the plants have grown bigger.This is the task I dealt with today with an empty patch I have just under my clothes line area.
This is what the patch looked like yesterday.



These are the materials I used.Two bags of terracota coloured stones,two bags of white and grey stones,2 bags of compost,2 small ornate square paving stones,and 9 small plants.



And after 30 minutes of light gardening work I was finished.I mixed the compost with the soil,then placed the pavers,then dug the holes and placed the plants,laid the terracota stones around the pavers and laid the grey and white stones in a circle around the new plants.






The good thing about using these stones is that after the plants have grown you can remove them and use them somewhere else.I also completed another patch using these same materials and planted the remaining plants into some empty areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment