Custom Search

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My kitchen renovation-June 2008

This is the "before" picture.Only 2 rows of tiles and I got really tired of washing down the walls coz they got full of grease and dirt.And no,that did not help to catch flies so I decided to put tiles from top to bottom.



And hey presto,the tiles are in.I chose a wood grain design coz my cupboards are painted white and wanted to balance out with the laminated wood flooring which I was having installed in the rest of the house.And yes, I have moved the dishwasher and regrigerator back into the kitchen so it does look better than this even.
I custom designed my kitchen cupboards which were installed a year before this and made sure it included a tall cupboard for my ironing board and a top shelf for cleaning chemicals to be out of reach for kids.I also have 2 double volume pull out shelves for my pots and pans and even got a space for my trays which all stand neatly next to each other in one spot.And a pull out drawer for my dustbin and unfortunately that drawer is now broken.(6 mths later).Not the actual drawer which still pulls out fine but the door that covered the dustbin.My advice is to make sure when they install that it is strong enough to withstand all the pulling which you do so you can throw stuff away into the enclosed dustbin.That broken door is on my list of things to fix up.I have a really long list of things to do.A homeowners job is never done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment